Thursday, May 17, 2007

Justin is Gross and Cortizone Shots Hurt

I couldn't blog last night my computer was not cooperating and was moving slower than molasses. To be honest I don't really know what molasses is but I threw the old saying in there for flavor. Nonetheless you didn't miss much we just went to Monmouth to move some of Justin's stuff home. All I discovered is that he is disgusting. His room was so dirty it wasn't even funny I stood in one spot the whole time I was in his room, right where the T.V. had been. The filth hadn't reached there yet, I bet it has by today. Other than that I didn't do much yesterday. Today, well today was quite the adventure. I had a foot doctor appointment to get my inserts recast. They had fallen apart from all their use this year and I needed new ones. I thought that was all I was going for. Before I was casted Dr. Paul came in to look at my foot, I hadn't seen him since November. Well apparently he was not satisfied with what he saw. He examined it and I still have swelling, discoloration, and have lost some mobility in my foot, so he ordered x-rays to see if somehow he missed something. Those came back okay from what he could see so I thought I was done. I thought wrong. He then told me I had to have a cortizone shot in my foot. Can you say ouch? I didn't want to do it, I was by myself and hate needles so I was going to come back in to do it. But Mom via cell phone made me have it today. Dr. Paul said this is one of the most painful areas to have a shot, I can't disagree with him it hurt. He sprays my foot with this cold spray to numb it which also makes your skin burn then he inserts a half inch needle into the bone on the bottom of my foot which he marked with an X. I layed down the whole time and covered my eyes, while I kinda yelled. It was very painful and lasted for about a minute into he got all the steroids in. It is a burning stabing pain that just makes you want to cry. I didn't though, I know you should be proud. Well then it made my foot go completely numb and tingly I have looked really cool walking around tonight. More pain is supposed to set in tonight, heres to hoping it doesn't.

Carrie Out

No comments: