Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Time with Ryker

Random storms reigned down on my today...not a big fan. Seriously though that stuff was falling hard from the sky, scary, well to me at least. I thought I broke the dishwasher today but then I realized that I am dumb and the surge protector strip had just turned off. I gave the dog another bath between rains because she has this gift of finding anything disgusting to roll in. And I spent the rest of my time chillin. I know it is thrilling. Tonight was spent babysitting Ryker. I love playing with that kid he cracks me up, he is such a boy. The other day he (who is 4) wrapped his dogs chain around a tree so that he could use it to help him climb up it, who thinks of that. Tonight I took him outside to play for awhile and even though every thing was wet he insisted on climbing on it, even the soaked slide of which he proceded to fall into a puddle and get drenched. We played trucks, with rocks, and swang, until the rain moved us inside. The next hour was spent playing in the kitched sink with all of his bath toys. We were having an undersea adventure I am sure his Mom appreciates this. We also had to watch some dumb dalmation sing-a-long movie which then inspired him to become a dog for the next half hour, which included licking and eating his food off the floor. Then we built the coolest train track ever out of his Thomas set, in four years of practice I have become quite the railroad creator. Is it dorky that these games are as much fun for him as they are for me. It's just that after having to be a, well sort of grown up, all day I love the escape of being able to act like a kid again and having my biggest worry be whether or not I have enough pieces of railroad to complete the track. I like my journey's back into the innocence of childhood.

Carrie Out

No comments: