Sunday, October 19, 2008

Busy Weekend

This is gonna be long, just a warning...

Friday: Got up and headed to work, spent the morning reading some Ed. stuff. Met Amber at the Olive Garden for lunch. As I hadn't seen her since August this was some much needed catch up time, and the food was good. Spent the afternoon working on homework, I know I'll have a busy week next week. Just trying to get ahead and reduce the stress. It was Coach Thomas birthday so I called him. We talked for awhile it was great to hear from him. It also reminded me why I don't call so often...makes me miss him way too much. Coach Wilson called me too, they were both catching up and wondering about basketball. I told them I was nervous, they both told me the same thing, "you'll be fine." It was nice to hear. Worked for 2 more hours then headed home for football. The first quarter was really good, even most of the first half. Then it was downhill. Still Brent played well threw for 2 TDs. Kelsey came to the game so I hung out with her and also spent some time talking with the Sondgeroths. Came back and went to bed nervous about starting practice in the morning.

Saturday: Chelsea called me at 2 am. I was so confused and thought it was my alarm and I was late for practice. Took me a few but I settled down and slept some more. Got up and headed to practice #1 of the day. We had a team prayer led by Coach before we started. I didn't know people did that, I was impressed. Practice wasn't bad. We don't run sprints, I love it. We run full ocurt drills and everyone actually works hard so there is no need. I did just fine just a little confused as I try to learn the drills, new offense and new defense. Still I am hopeful I will adjust. After practice I went to Dicks to look for basketball shoes, I didn't see any I liked. Went through Shoe Carnival as well I need new tennis shoes, mine are torn up. Once again failed. Came back and was exhausted so I napped before the next practice. Practice #2 was used for learning our new offense. Coach really breaks things down which I think will help me learn it. Still it is a very intense atmosphere, every mistake is pointed out. Can only make you better though I guess. I really like our Coaching staff so far we have four assistants which are pretty cool. I found out I didn't have morning practice on Sunday it was at 7. Excitedly I got to go to Auburn to see the my Lincoln friends. I wasn't expecting to get this luxury so I was stoked. I met Ashley at LC and as I was waiting Bridgett pulled up. I talked to her for a good 45 minutes, it was awesome to see her, I miss my Thomas family. We went onto Auburn where I got to see Nik, Cas, Chels, Ash, Alex, and Craig. It was soo much fun and I missed me friends, I am glad I got to go. We came back through Lincoln and Chels and Ash attempted to TP Coach Wilson's house with 2 rolls. They got them both caught in the tree, nicely done. We had to write on Coach T's truck and leave him a letter as well, just for old times sake. Got back around 1 and went to bed.

Sunday: Called my friend Stacie from ISU and took her to Jacob's Well with me this morning. I am glad I did the Cocco's weren't there and I would have been lost on my own. The service was good it was about God's humor. I'm kinda upset I'll only get to go there one more time before practice times get too early for me to make it. Took Stacie home and had just enough time to get Sunday Brunch at the caf. It was delicious, carved ham, hashbrowns, bacon, biscuits, pancakes, sausage links, and fresh fruit, mmm mmm. Relaxed for a bit watching some football then headed to work. I did my Chemistry, read the Sunday paper, and watched the Packers own...and got payed for it. Attempted to grab a quick dinner before 7 practice, except Sunday dinner sucks. I opted for left over Olive Garden and some Baked Lays. Off to practice. We did a lot of full court drills tonight and our legs were a bit sore so it was a little rougher today. We also learned a new press, did shooting drills, and offensive rotations. Came back and finished my Ed paper. I am already relived that I have gotten so much for the week done. I also got laundry done and put away like 4 loads since I hadn't put clean clothes away in 2 weeks. That was a stress relieving accomplishment as well. Cleaned up the rest of the room, showered, and chilled out. Now it is time for bed.

Carrie Out

No comments: