Sunday, October 26, 2008

LC Visit!

I am exhausted but it was well worth it. Started the day off with practice, I am struggling there. I enjoy playing but am getting frustrated that I am not catching on to some things. Everyone is very willing to help, it's just a rough position to be in. After practice I raced away to Lincoln. As a joke I had made a plan to tell them all that I had late practice and wasn't going to make it, Ashley was the only one who knew the truth. I texted Chelsea and told her that and she apparently announced it to everyone there. Funny thing was right after she said that I walked in. Hey had to make a grand entrance. It was soooo great to see everyone. Coach being Coach was running away trying not to hug my. Coach T was in usual form pestering but also excited to see us. I was out of control. Ali and Ryan were very excited to see us. I couldn't play in the alumni scrimmage because I am in season so I got to be the ref, except I spent most of the first half talking to the crowd. People I missed just kept coming in and I was too excited to focus. Stoltz and Jerred came in ran up and hugged me on the floor and then heckled me from the stands. I got to see my student service ladies and softball teammates too, it was a big deal. I really wanted to play, I did get a shot off though from the ref position, 3 points for the alumni, it was funny. Me, Chels, Ash, Nik, Cas, the Thomas', and Wilson's all hung around and talked in the gym for quite a bit afterwards. I miss my favorite people and the LC. When they all left I went over to the student center with Ash to talk to Stoltz and Jer. They were cracking me up, Jer and I were going back and forth, providing the entertainment, just like old times. We had to go hang with Mary for a bit as well. The gang then met back up and we went out for dinner. After dinner Levi called so we all meandered over for a visit, he makes me smile. I went to see Gabby, then we went on rounds to say goodbye. Chilled and talked to Jer for awhile more, we hadn't really been in touch but it was great to catch back up and see him. Ended up at the Thomas household for the rest of the evening, talking, watching football, and playing with Ryan. I love them. This may sound weird, but it felt good to be missed, means I left my mark somewhere. Days like this are always kinda bitter sweet it's great to see people but it makes me more sad when I leave and causes me to miss them more. I guess that's a price you have to pay.

Carrie Out

No comments: