Thursday, October 02, 2008

Rewind

I haven't written all week my evenings have been busy so I will catch myself up right now.

Tuesday started with my Chem quiz, I didn't think it was too bad which scares me. I always do bad when I think I do good. I turned out right though I only missed 3.5 points. After class I had a meeting with Pete at the Campus house and Jo the wife of the other minister. We talked for a good hour working through some stuff. We reached a conclusion that I am both anxious to get started with but also scared to start. We'll see if more details will follow. Still it was nice to get some things off my chest and just talk to them. I made it back for creative writing it was good we moved into short stories. Philosophy was cancelled for the day this did not upset me. Played some basketball, although not very well. I struggled for some reason, I was getting sick. After ball I went home and met Mom and Brent to go to Sam's for a Pampered Chef party. Except Brent and I stayed upstairs and hung out with Clay and Josh. Clay was entertaining as always and Josh even made us dinner. It was a good night.

Wednesday I woke up sick, spitting out blood. My throat was on fire which made 7 am conditioning a delight. I made it through though. A quick nap then off to the Junior high. My 16 year old was absent again, it's so much easier without her. Work was boring, I did some homework. I didn't have education class so I spent the afternoon resting. My body is just worn out it's not that I'm that tired. Went to Chem lab did a copper experiment it was actually very interesting and very colorful. Then I took a concussion test for basketball. That thing was hard, I'm pretty sure it's gonna come back that I am mentally retarded. Seriously rough stuff. I grabbed dinner to go because I wasn't very hungry and needed to get some homework done. At 8 I met Kelsey from my small group at FusionBrew a nice coffee shop down the street. I had some soothing hot peppermint tea, felt good on the throat. I had a really nice time sitting and talking to her, and later Meredith when she joined us before I went to work at 10. I was barely hanging on all through work, I was ready for bed but didn't get back until 12:30.

Thursday woke up early for some reason and stirred in and out of sleep. Chemistry was merely practice problems today. It's hard to practice when you don't get it. Slept for awhile then even though I wasn't hungry went to lunch. I had a bananna and 2 crackers with watered down grape juice. Sickness steals my appetite. I was feeling pretty disconnected all day. We went to the art museum for creative writing, that I enjoyed. Philosophy was same old same old, throw in a pop quiz. Went to basketball but didn't play, my body is worn and when I run the drainage makes me want to puke. I sat and talked to our new assistant Coach, turns out I know him. He coached at Central Catholic and last year at Parkland, small world. Went to Justin's for dinner and to hang out. We had chicken chili I couldn't taste it but I'm sure it was good. The warmth felt good on my throat at least. I felt soo much better after I ate, I actually had some energy and wasn't so dizzy. Came back and hammered out a philosophy paper very proud. Went to the campus house for worship and small groups. I love Thursday nights. I have been trying to pack it's not working. I am leaving tomorrow for the weekend, I'm going on Fall Retreat at Little Galilee with the ISU ministry it should be fun. I am driving my self because I work 7 hours tomorrow and don't get done till 7 so here's to hoping I don't get lost.

Special Prayer request: A friend of mine, Stephany, from highschool had a little girl named Aubree in July. She passed away today from what they think is SIDS. I was very good friends with Steph and her sister Autumn, so just keep them in your prayers.

Carrie Out

1 comment:

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

I am friends with Aubree's aunt. She wrote to me and said she wanted to send Stephanie my email so she could talk to me if she wanted to. I didn't realize you were friends with her. This is very, very sad news.