Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dr. Jekyll

So I got up this morning and headed to the Jr. High I got my other student today another girl. But here's the crazy thing...she's 16 and been held back in 8th grade 3 times. After working with her for a few minutes I have no idea how she has not been put in Special Ed classes. Her skills are very low she struggles with basic concepts, it's no wonder she hasn't succeeded I don't think she has gotten the help she needs. I went to the library when I got back to print some things off. It is official I have a job, I just don't know exactly what it is yet. I think I am a desk attendant at Shirk basically I have people sign in when they come in to work out. Education class was ok we discussed our experiences at the Jr. High among other things. Chem lab followed, oh how I love googles and lab aprons, I look awesome. I shake too much for handling chemicals. It was fun though Holly and I are not too experienced so it's an adventure. Sprinted off to practice we did timed running around the bases and then basic practice, joy joy. We ate dinner at Tommy's tonight a restuarant on campus that lets you exchange a cafeteria meal for a dinner there. It's a sweet deal and the food was good. Tonight I did some homework, grudgingly, and talked to Nikkie on the phone, I miss my Lincoln friends. Tomorrow morning I have a meeting with Pete Cocco (the ISU campus minister who used to go to MCC) about getting involved in campus ministries and just getting plugged in. It's at 8:30 that's early for me, haha.

Carrie Out

No comments: