Monday, September 15, 2008

Encounter

I just got back from Encounter which is the college church service I am starting to attend at ISU. It was really good and I liked it a lot. Strangely I wasn't very intimidated by the people around me and just felt kind of at ease the whole time. The sermon was on sin and how it paralyzes us and we let it because it is comfortable. It was related to the parable of the man on the mat that Jesus healed and told to get up and carry his mat. The message was how we generally let the mat (sin) carry us when we should get up and carry it ourselves and be in control of it. It was good then each of us individually were prayed for which was neat. I have already made a friend there her name is Kelsey, she actually leads our small group and is from Taylorville. Yeah small town central Illinois! I talked to Pete for a couple minutes hung out at the campus house for a bit then headed out, but it was a good night. 7 am conditioning, what joy that entailed. It actually wasn't too terrible just a lot of ladder work which I struggle with it is hard to think and go fast at the same time, haha. Still it was just an hour so that wasn't bad. Came back ate breakfast, showered, then looked over some Chem stuff before a quick rest. Then off to the Jr. High my 16 year old was absent today. I asked if she had been tested for LD I was told yes but she was sooo incredibly low that she doesn't qualify to get extra help. That I find to be an incredible injustice and makes no sense. But the time there went fine. Education class was same as always not real thrilling. The afternoon was resting and more Chem before off to softball. We ran the 400 and were done so I went to basketball, lets just say my legs are tired. I got my MRI results today, no visible tears, which is the most important part. Just a buildup of inflammation and scar tissue along with tendonitis of the rotator cuff, but that's easy stuff. Drugs and rehabilitation is what's ahead. Dinner was eaten with the bball girls then I looked at Chem until church. Even after all this looking I still don't feel prepared, some things I just don't get.

Carrie Out

No comments: