Friday, September 12, 2008

Making Progress

So I actually had a good day today. I made it to my meeting on time (early actually) without getting lost! It went really well. Pete showed me around the campus house and just gave me some info about the ministry. We sat around and talked life for awhile and connected over the people we both know from MCC. He suggested I join small groups and had already told the leader I was coming. We prayed which was nice and I was out. It was a good start to my morning. Chem was boring lots of notes over lots of concepts I don't get. Our first full exam is on Tuesday, help me, I got lots to do. I was tired after class so in my lone hour of free time I slept. Then I went to lunch lines were ridiculously long I settled for my old standby grilled cheese (2) and tomato soup. It was actually a quite lovely meal for a rainy day:) Then I waded across campus to meet Coach Wagner. I was correct my job is at the desks at Shirk not real demanding, so good. I got a quick run through and sent on my way. Creative writing was interesting as always, we work shopped our poems again. Philosophy followed I don't know what we talked about past like the first 30 minutes. My brain stopped caring and I started drawing. Softball practice was cancelled due to the monsoon, no objections by me...my arm was sore. I went to basketball instead and it was good. I ate dinner with the team and am actually feeling like I am starting to connect with them. They even laughed at my jokes, a big step forward, haha. A quick shower and some phone calls then I went to small group. It went really well I am glad I went. It is an all girls group and I really could see myself fitting in there, so I am very hopeful. That is why I had a good day, I am on the verge of making friends hurray! Now to sleep for my MRI tomorrow, I love laying still for hours!

Carrie Out

No comments: