Sunday, January 20, 2008

Dorm Drama

Once again the ploys of a nine-year-old caused me to awake early this morning. Ashley was supposed to go to the games with me but after a rough night on duty opted to ditch me last minute. I was already awake so I decided to head to the games anyway. Ryan played well he has improved a lot from last year and they won both their games. Coach Wilson and Ali came to watch too so I sat with them. Coach and I were having serious deliberations today about a problem she has caused in my life. Just what is that problem? Having practice tomorrow during pretty much the ENITRE Packers game. I am brainstorming all kinds of ways to try to keep up on the game but none will be as good as actually watching it. After a light brunch in the dining hall I went to the wrestling meet for the afternoon. I had nothing else to do and I find wrestling interesting. We sat with Coach T and Ry so that made for an enjoyable afternoon of a kid on my lap for two hours. Oh the joys of the Thomas family. So we have been having serious dorm drama all day. Pipes in two kids rooms froze because of the cold weather and then busted causing all kinds of flooding, leaking, and damage. Fights have been rolling from building to building to the point where all dorms are on a lockdown of sorts, you can only be in the building you live in. Bridgett and the rest of the adult staff have been here all night, I bet they are enjoying it. Went to Amber's suprise 30th birthday party tonight. It was good minus the fact that I am not a huge fan of random old people I don't know. Still it was nice to see the Finchum family, Kelsey, and chill with the kids. We only stayed for an hour or so and then I came back here and watched movies with the twins and chilled in the lobby. My Y work starts tomorrow so I must be off.

Carrie Out

2 comments:

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

"old people"

Carry Out said...

Okay how about older people. As in older than me:)