Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Years.....Day

Break was good but it flew by and now I am here at school. It almost didn't look like I would make it back today but fear not I did. Arrived just in time to unpack a little and get everything plugged back in before practice #1. I wasn't hungry but knew I needed to eat so I chugged a chicken soup on the way to the gym. Practice consisted of running and lots of full court drills. A whole 8 of 15 of us were there. I think that worked to our advantage though we didn't have to do a ton of pure running. It was a little rough for me because as of Sunday I have been sick. I love how that happened right when I came back, oh well I made it. It was nice to see everybody again I miss them sometimes:) Spent the afternoon watching the slaughtering of U of I, picking up groceries at Walmart, putting stuff away, showering, and sleeping. Eight o'clock came too soon. Night practice was a little rougher at points maybe because everyone was back, maybe because I was running on empty. I can feel the soreness setting in the first few days kick my butt. Ryan came to practice tonight and was following me around, he's a cute kid.Nothing like ringing in the new year with a good four and a half hours of practice. Spent some time talking with Coach Thomas, he missed me even if he won't admit it:) We were discussing his thesis paper for his masters class. I am supposed to help him do some editing and teach him to do a bibliography. I don't mind helping him out he does a lot for me. Well now it is latish and I have a full day tomorrow starting with 9 am pool workout so I must be off.

Carrie Out

No comments: