Monday, October 08, 2007

Just Read It

Right now I am kind of in a state of worry. We just got word this afternoon that the Athletic Director at my school was in a bad carwreck this weekend. At the moment he is in serious condition with major head injuries. When I talked to my Coach earlier this evening they said they should know more about an outcome in the next 24-48 hours when all his meds start to wear off. He was drinking and driving at 1 in the morning without a seatbelt on. I just don't get this and no one else seems to either, it is just very unlike him. He was a pretty undercontrol guy, always wore his seatbelt, and is a very dedicated father to his two young kids. It just doesn't make sense. I really worry about his kids and the other people close to him he is Coach Thomas' best friend and Ryan's Godfather. It's just weird I spent Wednesday and Thursday sitting and talking to him at the soccer games. I wouldn't say we were close but he always went out of his way to talk to me and see how I was and I appreciated it. I know he made a stupid decision, but he and his family could really use some prayers right now.

Other than that I have had a good day. I started the morning off at church. Service was good and it's always nice to catch up with friends. I came home for lunch and then Mom and I went to Tremont. We stopped by to visit Kathy and Ron and drop off a leaf net. After that we went to Grandma's I washed and put away all her statues, and trimmed her bushes. I am pretty much awesome. Then we went over to Sam and Josh's to visit and play with Clayton. I love doing this and even recieved an invitation this time to come over:) Clay was being his usuall funny self and it was nice just to hang out...even if Josh did make fun of my plaid shorts (he's just jealous, haha). Tonight Mom and I fixed a delightful dinner, grilled chicken, crescent rolls, and potatoes with peppers and onions, mmm mmm. Then I had to watch a horrible display called the Packers game, maybe if Jones didn't fumble and cost us 2 touchdowns this would be a happier note. Oh well 4-1 is still good, I just hate the Bears. Back to school tomorrow, this could be interesting.

Carrie Out

No comments: